Henry Hart, Jr. Basketball Scholarships
In honor of the support and dedication of the Hart family towards the well-being of the Williamstown Youth Center,
the Hart Basketball Scholarship will be structured in the following manner:
- By October 15th of each year, the Williamstown Youth Center and Williamstown Basketball Committee will advertise the basketball programs for the upcoming basketball season through the organization’s website and brochure. As part of this notification, it will be noted that there will be a basketball scholarship available for the season. Such notification will note that the scholarship is in honor of the Hart family and will cover all of the costs (Youth Center membership and associated basketball fees) for one boy and one girl player. An application form will be available which will note child’s name, family name and address, financial information of family. Applications will be due by November 1st.
- A scholarship committee, comprised of the Executive Director of the Williamstown Youth Center, head of the Williamstown Basketball Committee and one Board member of the Williamstown Basketball Committee, will be formed by October 15th to monitor the assessment of applications and awarding of the scholarships.
- The scholarship committee will respond to all applicants and award the scholarships by November 10th. Criteria for selection will include financial need of family and commitment of child to working hard at his/her basketball responsibilities (as noted on application). Scholarships will be awarded to residents of Williamstown.
- The Williamstown Youth Center will establish a line item in its basketball budget to fund the scholarships on an annual basis.
- Representatives of the Hart family (to be determined by the Hart family and communicated to the Executive Director of the Williamstown Youth Center) will be informed of who receives the scholarships.